Clean, tidy, well-maintained streets are critical to making the Angel feel attractive and welcoming, creating a sense of pride for those of us who work here.
Angel AIM funds extra cleansing, on top of what the council provides, which includes:
- Jet-washing and scrubbing the busiest streets from 6am every day
- Disinfecting all our new steel litter bins at least twice a week
- Deep cleansing Chapel Market on Mondays
- Removing graffiti and stickers from walls, chewing gum and oil from pavements
- Flush bonded tree pits mean pavements are easier to sluice down
- Installing recycling bins in busy areas